What Are My Options?
There are many ways to build your family, through assisted reproductive technology, international adoption, domestic adoption, by using an agency or an attorney. Here's how to start narrowing the possibilities to find the perfect path for you.
Assisted Reproductive Technology
- ART Overview
A look at increasingly popular assisted reproduction options.
- ART Options at a Glance
A side-by-side comparison of assisted reproduction options.
- Choosing Donor Egg
Egg donation allows women without viable oocytes to experience pregnancy and childbirth. Here's what you should know.
- Choosing Donor Embryo
Embryo donation allows parents to carry a pregnancy and give birth to their own, genetically unrelated, child.
- Choosing Gestational Surrogacy
Intended parents who are unable to carry a pregnancy may have a genetically related child through a gestational surrogate.
- Myth vs. Fact: Donor Conception & Surrogacy
Myths and misinformation abound in the rapidly evolving world of ART. Learn how to separate truth from fiction.
- Ask the Adoption Law Expert: Assisted Reproductive Technologies
A legal overview of third-party reproduction
- Why We Chose ART
Moms and dads explain why they chose ART to become parents.
Adoption: the Basics
- Adoption Options
A brief rundown of the various options and their costs, benefits, and risks.
- Domestic or International: Choosing an Adoption Route
A closer look at the biggest adoption decision most families make: whether to adopt from the U.S. or abroad.
- Special Circumstances Will your age, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical health impact your ability to adopt? Find out here.
- What Kind of Adoption Is Right for You? Use this chart to find the type of adoption that might be right for you.
- Why We Chose Adoption
Moms and dads explain why they chose to become parents through adoption.
Domestic Newborn Adoption
- U.S. Newborn Adoption Overview
Our complete guide to adopting a newborn baby
- Perception and Reality: The Untold Story of Domestic Adoption
The truth behind common myths about adopting an infant in the U.S.
- Understanding Open Adoption
A look at open adoption today
- International Adoption Overview
Up-to-date adoption statistics, by country of origin
- Bulgaria adoption
- China adoption
- Colombia adoption
- Democratic Republic of the Congo adoption
- Ecuador adoption
- Ethiopia adoption
- Haiti adoption
- Honduras adoption
- Hong Kong adoption
- India adoption
- Kazakhstan adoption
- Latvia adoption
- Nicaragua adoption
- Panama adoption
- Philippines adoption
- Romania adoption
- Russia adoption
- South Africa adoption
- South Korea adoption
- Taiwan adoption
- Uganda adoption
- Ukraine adoption